Monday 5 January 2009

Trip Report : Radnor Forest

I've blogged before about the delights of the hills above New Radnor. They are close to home for me and with a 3 and a bit hour walk time are an afternoon walk even in the depths of Winter.

And winter it was on new years day. The bright sunny sky of the day before was replaced with a blanket of freezing fog. Grey and atmospheric to the core.

Also freezing to the core as I found to my cost when the tube on my water pack froze solid after first use.

Route wise the only thing to add is that the path onto Great Rhos that appears to disappear on the map is now very distinct and goes to thing a couple of hundred metres of the trigpoint so there is no need to bash through the heather for a direct approach.


Other photos from this walk
New Years Day 2009New Years Day 2009New Years Day 2009Above the ford in the Harley Valley, RadnorshireNew Years Day 2009

Flickr archive

No comments:

Post a Comment