Friday 10 August 2007

Trip report : Mont de Vores

Wow what a few days the cloud came down on monday night and stayed down the rain started Tuesday afternoon and stopped this morning so one day in the tent one day in Albertville and a day getting soaked in Megeve and area meant I didn't get to see as much of the area as I wanted.

So imagine the frustration as while in the market in Megeve today the cloud lifted to reveal a layer of fresh snow on the tops I visited on Monday. Having finished the morning walk around the market (well worth the time with a full range of stalls) it was a simple call to ask the wife to drop me as high up on the route to la Cret du Midi as possible and see how far I could get.

Having pushed though the standard forest ascent I began to think I was back in Wales. The climb to la Cret Du Midi was a solid mix of grass and track but once up the route over Ban Rouge to Mont de Vores had the feel of the high Berwyns about it a feeling left unchanged by the return trip over the three unnamed tops on the opposite side of the valley.

Sadly 2000m was to be a couple of hundred short of the snowline but for a 5 hour afternoon circuit within walking distance of the camp site if was a great way to salvage a frustrating period.

No comments:

Post a Comment