Friday 22 February 2008

Trip Report : Northern Carneddau

Putting together a visit to these hills is always a challenge in a day especially in Winter so the prospect of a conference in Llandudno was not to be missed out on.

The forecast was shaping up spot on as the weather cleared on the drive north but I had forgotten what 40mph in wind really means. Parking at the roadhead car park, I know Nutall suggests pull ins on the way up but they really passing spaces without the sign, I opted for Tal y fan first and a clockwise circuit from there this is a good choice especially if you follow the stream up that takes you onto Penygadair and direct to Pen y Castell as it saves a real road slog back to the car.

With the wind picking up Foel fras and Llwytmor were discarded and boy was I glad of it as I was pinned to the fence on numerous occasions as I walked off Drum to the pass.

More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment